Perdido 03

Perdido 03

Friday, April 30, 2010

Heckuva Job, Barack


From Political Wire:

"It turns out, by the way, that oil rigs today generally don't cause spills. They are technologically very advanced."

-- President Obama, quoted by Think Progress on April 2, 2010.

Just 18 days later a rig operated 41 miles off the Louisiana coast exploded and caused what may be the largest oil spill in history.


The picture above is one of those technologically-advanced oil rigs that generally don't spill anymore.

It is STILL spilling oil as I write this.

They haven't figured out how to shut the rig off.

It is leaking 5,000 barrels of oil per day.

Spill, baby, spill.

4 comments:

  1. You should've titled it "Spill Baby Spill.

    Just my humble opinion. Naturally I'm shocked and stunned President Merit Pay could be wrong about anything whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I debated it, but since so much of the damage will be done to the coastal region of Louisiana, I thought the Katrina reference was apt.

    Only instead of water doing the destruction, it's oil.

    Yeah, heckuva job, Barack. Heckuva job.

    Can't wait to see what the Obama drilling policy changes have in store for the East Coast and Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I voted for that guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe I voted for him either. I knew better. You remember, I even wrote about it on your site. Yet the campaign season ratcheted up and I saw McCain/Palin and thought "Omigod, we can't have THAT in the Wh."

    But frankly, it couldn't have been much worse. Under Obama we have mandated health care purchase for people w/out insurance, more drilling, additional troops in Afghanistan, continued presence in Iraq, drones killing innocent people across both those countries, renditions and spying continuing, a financial bailout for the TOO BIG TO FAIL companies, Ben Bernanke renominated at the Fed, the administration fighting to keep the Fed from being audited, and an education policy that pushes for-profit charter schools over public schools and institutes firing of teachers as the way to solve all problems in education.

    Pardon me, but I'm going to use some French here (don't tell the bigots in Arizona) - Fuck Obama, fuck reid, fuck Pelosi, fuck George Miller, fuck Arne Duncan, fuck Dick Durbin, fuck 'em all.

    I'm done w/ Dems. The phrase "corporate whore light" still has the words "corporate whore" in it.

    And that's what Dems are.

    Especially Obama.

    ReplyDelete