Perdido 03

Perdido 03

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Changing Allegiances

I used to like stuff from Chicago - the Bears, the Blues Brothers, Mike Royko, the Cubs, Studs Terkel and the Bulls to name just a few things.

These days, nearly everything bad in the country comes from Chicago - the education reform movement, mayoral control, Barack Obama, Richard Daley, William Daley, Arne Duncan, Rahm Emanuel, and Oprah Winfrey to name a few.

In the past, I would have rooted for the Chicago Bears in the NFC championship game.

But this year, I just couldn't.

The idea of rooting for anything from Chicago makes me queasy to my stomach - not after Obama, Duncan, Emanuel and Winfrey.

Sad, really, and unfair too - I know many good people and good things comes from Chicago.

But lately, the bad overwhelms the good.

So, not sad to see the Packers beat the Bears.

Buh-bye, Bears.

4 comments:

  1. Once again....I bet most teachers voted for Obama...who I knew was a Manchurian candidate...I just didn't know what type...and sure enough...he turns out to be the Man in the Grey Flannel Suit...We would have been MUCH better off with McCain...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't really argue with you. Dems rolled on all the corporate-friendly stuff corporate-friendly Obama wanted passed - and now he's turning "centrist"! Which means even more corporate-friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup...the new appointeee Immelt from GE, EXPORTED 34,000 jobs overseas...and you know what he's appointed to do? Create new jobs here....! You really can't make this up. The reason he was REALLY hired was so Obama can raise big business money for his next election run.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Immelt is scum. And you're right, he was hired to juice the campaign cash.

    ReplyDelete