Perdido 03

Perdido 03

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Why Try And Help Somebody When They're About To Die When You Can Take Their Picture Instead?

Could the NY Post photographer who took the photo of this man about to be run over by a subway train have helped pull this man to safety?

The Post reporter said he did all he could by taking photos of the incident in hopes that the flashes would alert the driver of the subway train to stop.

That's the absolutely lamest excuse I have ever heard for why he took photos of a guy about to be run over by a train rather than running to the guy and trying to pull him to safety.

Of course the Post ran the photo on the cover of their rag this morning.

Why let a good death photo go to waste?

The people who work for Rupert Murdoch are some of the scummiest fucking people on the planet.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing about this. I have lived in New York all my life and this picture just really made me ill to my stomach. I couldn't even pick up this paper after seeing the picture- it was in the teachers' room at the school I was working in that day. I really want to leave NYC. Between the article on homeless children in the New Yorker this week and this picture- it makes on wonder what happened to our humanity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See Salon's take on the photo and the lame excuse of the Post photographer here:

      http://www.salon.com/2012/12/05/the_new_york_post_defends_its_indefensible_photo/

      Delete