Perdido 03

Perdido 03

Friday, May 24, 2013

More Weiner Photos To Come

Ruh-Roh, Anthony:

Ginger Lee, a stripper caught up his sext-tweet scandal, said the idea of Weiner moving into Gracie Mansion fills her with dread.

“I do not think Anthony Weiner should run for mayor of New York City,” Lee said in a statement. “There will be a new flare-up of jokes, inaccurate statements and hurtful remarks.”

According to Lee, who had an online correspondence with Weiner, there could be more crotch shots to come.

“Even now, nearly two years after this story broke, there are still details relating to other women that have not been exposed,” she said.

I wish these things would just come out now so that they could finally destroy Weiner's campaign once and for all and send him back to the rock he's been hiding under for the past couple of years.

Here is Ginger Lee's statement on Weiner in full:


Statement of Ginger Lee In Response to the Decision of Anthony Weiner To Run For Mayor Of New York
Former Congressman Anthony Weiner has now decided to launch his campaign for Mayor of New York City. In 2011, when the unfortunate events that became known as “WeinerGate” occurred, members of the media, bloggers, and other intrusive parties called, emailed me, & even camped in front of my home. As I stated during the height of this scandal in 2011, I am an innocent party who just happened to agree with many of the issues Congressman Weiner championed in Washington.
I made a statement in a press conference on June 2011, and I would like to reiterate that statement today.
“When I started interacting with Anthony Weiner, it was over politics and once the electronic communication began we did communicate on a fairly regular basis. However, I did not sext Anthony Weiner. I did not send photos to him or receive any from him. Anytime that he would take our communications in a sexual direction, I did not reciprocate.
When the tweet regarding his crotch went out, I had already been told by him about a Twitter sex scandal on the horizon. At the time, I did not think it would be what it became. When the scandal broke and people started e-mailing me, I didn’t know what to do. I asked Congressman Weiner. He asked me to lie about our communication.
I put out a three sentence communication that he told me to say. My statement to the press said “I haven’t met Rep. Weiner. I follow him on twitter because I support him and what he stands for. I have been hounded by his political opponents but that hasn’t changed my view of him and what he fights for.” I didn’t want to say anything further. I refused to lie so I went silent and went into hiding. Part of the reason I went silent was that he was someone I respected politically and I never thought what happened after that would happen.
However, things kept getting worse and he and I kept communicating about what I should do. Once it got to a point that he lied on national television, then I knew that anything I said after that would have to be either a lie or an admission. I didn’t want to do either.
On June 2nd he called me and he told me what to say and do and how to deal with the mounting pressure from the press and how to handle it. He told me if neither of us said anything over the weekend the story would calm down and die. Therefore, I did what he told me to do. I stayed in the house, avoided cameras and photographers and hoped the scandal would die on Monday, but it did not. After all the speculation in the press, I felt that if I started talking that it would not be right.
I had already been having extremely bad lupus flair and the stress from this just made it worsen. All that I could do was get out of town. I knew I couldn’t lie for him, but I couldn’t be the one who kicked him under the bus. Finally, after realizing that I could no longer go through this nightmare and after receiving threats from an individual who threatened to release a statement from me which I did not authorize I contacted Ms. Allred. She helped me to understand my options and now I feel that I have the support that I need to finally speak out to tell the truth and that is what I have done today. It might never have turned into this if he had told the truth, but he kept lying. If he lied about this, I can’t have much faith in him about anything else.”
I also called on him to resign. The next day he did. I was glad that he resigned. I think that he made the wisest decision for himself, for his family, for everyone else drawn into this scandal and for the Democratic Party. I wished him the best and hoped that the treatment that he would receive would help him to control his impulses and make better judgments in the future. However, I have no idea if his treatment has been effective.
Even if his treatment has been effective, I do not think Anthony Weiner should run for Mayor of New York City because even now, nearly two years after this story broke, there are still details relating to other women that have not been exposed. Each time Anthony Weiner deflects or obfuscates these details, my life and perhaps the lives of other women are made more difficult by the increased attention from the media. Every new headline and news story about him reminds reporters and bloggers that we exist, and the cycle starts all over. There will be a new flair up of jokes, inaccurate statements and hurtful remarks.
At this point, I would just like to go on with my life and career in business without having to think about Anthony Weiner. I think that city of New York can do better than having a Mayor that is the butt of jokes and has been involved in scandal. Thank you.

 Ms. Lee really puts an exclamation point on why Weiner needs to just go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment